About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Soap dispenser recycle - Day 68

 

My kitchen and dining room is vintage shabby chic. There are no dispensers that I think fit the space so I made my own. I took a foaming soap dispenser and cut off the top, just below the ring. I drilled a hole in a canning lid and fed the top through the hols and screwed the bottom on the other side. I slipped it into a ball jar and screwed on the lid. It looks so cute. One day I will switch the dispense part to a metal or something better looking. I make my own foam soap to put into it. The recipe is 1/3 dish soap and the rest water. Shake it a little and you are good to go. That way you can use it for hands and pans!

You can see the plastic top of what used to be the old soap dispenser on the bottom side of the jar lid. So it is like screwing the dispenser lid to the base, be the rest of the base is gone.