About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin month - Day 51

To start this festive month off on a good note I am showing a tutorial of making a pumpkin out of wood!

I had left over piece of wood from the bunk beds and it was the perfect size. It is a 4x4 in block of wood that is about 8 inches tall. I started by painting it with a fabulous shade of orange acrylic paint. Not to neon and not to dark. Then I sanded the edges and a little all over to make it look distressed. Then I found some fabulous green ribbon that I tied in a knot. I used a nail and hammered the ribbon in the center top of the wood. Viola! Super simple and super cute!







1 comment:

Michelle C said...

I am INCREDIBLY behind on your blog. I scrolled through and WOW you are busy being all crafty and doing such great stuff!! That pumpkin is so cute and I LOVE that temple picture and the words, that's adorable!You did such a good job with the party. Love your posts about it.