About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Juicer - Day 65

This last vacation to Florida I couldn't help myself and I bought a juicer on a garage sale for $15. I has been on the shelf since May and I finally used it the other day. I juiced carrots. I store the juice in one container and the extra "mulch" in another. I use the juice in my shakes. I don't use a lot, just a little for the vitamins. If you add too much, it will start to taste funny. I am excited to make other juices.

You just feed the carrot down the top tube and out pops the juice underneath and then pops the pulp out the skinny end. I am in need of ideas for the pulp of the carrot. Anyone have a good use other than in jello (my granny does this and it is nasty)?

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That's great you have that. I love this website that has a lot of healthy recipes. She lists carrot puree, but carrot cake just uses grated carrots, so it would be perfect. http://www.superhealthykids.com/carrotmuffins.html