About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Shake, shake, shake...Shake, shake, shake...Day 63

Shake your.....Ok I have shakes on my mind. My mother introduced me to a great way of making healthy shakes and I use this method for breakfast. You first start by putting in raw oats. You blend it till it is fine. Then you add spinach, other fruits, and a liquid like milk or water. You can add ice cubes if you want it more frozen. My mom also adds activia yogurt, but it is expensive so I use it sparingly. You mix it up and have a fortified breakfast shake. The kids love it and it is super simple. I have two ninja blender sets and I rotate every other day. I use one and wash it, the next day the opposite so I don't run them down  faster. I am excited to try hot shakes when it gets cold outside!

2 comments:

Candie said...

Never thought to add oats... good idea! I also never imagined doing HOT shakes. Hmmm...!
I like to put frozen sweet potato and carrot puree in mine for added nutrition. Over ripe bananas that I save in the freezer are good too, especially for breakfast!

Michelle C said...

We've loved making green smoothies (with the spinach). I have not tried the oats, but I saw that on pinterest. Sounds interesting.