About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lets talk about Salad - Day 79



I love salads when they have great stuff in them other than carrots and lettuce. So here is my take on salad.

The base I always use is spinich. I hate the stuff cooked, but love it raw.

So then I add veggies. My favorites are olives, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, raisins, avocado, strawberries, blueberries, cucumber, grapes, green bell pepper, corn, and mandarin oranges. I don't put all of them in at the same time, but you can mix and match.

Then I add a cool topping like pine nuts, croutons, or every once in a while grilled chicken.

My favorite salad dressing is raspberry vinaigrette and it goes with just about anything.


The boys love eating all the fun "surprises" they can find in their salad. So go forth and eat plants!

No comments: