About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Halloween banner - 52

I had a little burlap on hand and decided to make a cute banner for the season. I cut equal squares for the saying "Happy Birthday" plus one for a symbol. I used freezer paper and cut out letters and a pumpkin and ironed them on the burlap squares.


I decided to use regular black acrylic paint since I would never wash this banner. I stippled the black paint over the stencil letters. After they are dried, peel the stencil off. I then then used some orange paint and a pencil eraser and placed dots all over as little embellishments.




I decided to use a jute rope to hang them on. I used a sewing machine and a zig-zag stitch over the string. It was the easiest part of the project. Then I hung it up on my front window!!!!





No comments: