About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Stained glass mobile - Day 161

 The boys and I did a project and I thought the pictures were so colorful. I will let them do the talking.





We ironed crayon shavings between wax paper and cut them into circles and hearts. Then we strung them up! It is an adorable stained glass mobile!

Directions:
  1. take wrapers off of crayons.
  2. sharpen crayons in a pencil sharpener, keep the shavings.
  3. lay down wax paper shinny side up (or freezer paper works too).
  4. distribute shavings all over paper. Leave some white too.
  5. lay another sheet of wax paper on top.Shinny side touching the shavings. 
  6. Iron the paper until it looks like the shavings have melted. 
  7. cut the wax paper into what ever shapes you want.
  8. Use a glue gun to adhere them to string at different levels.

1 comment:

Johnston Journal said...

For us less talented people (well, me...) I need more directions! :)