About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Holiday Apron - Day 141

 I bought this fabulous fabric with some birthday money. I wanted to make a vintage dress and matching apron that I could wear for Christmas. Needless to say I did not have enough time to complete them before Christmas. So I finished it in time for the New Years Eve party we are having at our house. I will show you the apron today. I love pleats and I knew I wanted the top of the apron to have them. I used some leftover material from the boys birthday and some of the polka dot fabric I bought for the dress.
 Then I looked all over my house for any red fabric I had and draped it on a bias so it flows beautifully. I liked the asymmetrical look and I didn't finish any hems or seams so you get a rough effect against the nice fabric. I also added some white pom-poms.
It is just so classy! I love it! It is the nicest apron I have ever made/owned! I can't wait to try it out!

Model: Barbara the dress form

No comments: