About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Little girls skirt - Day 113



 So one of my friends just had a baby girl. Since I do not have one, I have to spoil hers. I mad the cutest skirt and even better, legging, but wait...there's more. I even made a hair rosette. I couldn't help myself. I think I would have made her a whole crib set and wardrobe if I could. Ok, so I started by making a simple base skirt. A rectangle that is sewed down the side seam. I guessed on how big to make it. I thought she could wear it now and it would be longer and grow with it. Then I hemmed it and ran ____________through it.
 Then I cut four different colored patterns for the ruffles. I made them 3" wide and double the length of the skirt rectangle.



 Then I hemmed them(white line on the left side) and did two rows of strait stitch right next to each other for gathering.

 You pull both bobbin (bottom) threads together and bunch up the fabric into a ruffle. You only ruffle enough to go around one time on the skirt.


 Then you place the first ruffle right sides together and stitch the ruffle on where you want it. I guessed the placement on top of the other ruffles.


 Then you flip that same ruffle over and top stitch it so it stays down. 




Here is the final project! Isn't it adorable! I wish boys could wear pink ruffly things. 


oops! 

2 comments:

Jeanie Barney Hills said...

Okay...This is such a cute little outfit! I am so laughing right now because of the cute little one who is your model! Hee Hee Some day that little one is going to just "love" you when you pull out these pics! LOL! :D

Michelle C said...

That skirt is so fun!