About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas bow ties - Day 116

 I woke up Sunday and around the time I was supposed to put the boys in the bath to get ready for church, I decided to make them some bow ties. I thought I would share how I do it with you guys! Firs you cut a rectangle a little bit bigger than you want the final bow tie to be. I like 2 1/2 in x 5 1/2 in. So you need to cut 3 in. x 6 in. Then you place right sides together and sew around the rectangle leaving a little opening in the middle.

 For the inside of the bow tie I use felt. I feel it gives it stability. I cut two layers of the felt the same size as the finished project and sew the ends together like the picture.

Turn the bow tie right side out through that little hole.

Stuff the felt inside by folding the end in half.
 Flatten the felt. It is probably a little bunched.


Cut a piece for the middle. Fold the raw edges in so there are three layers. 



Sew the hole up.


Pinch the middle and tuck the sides to the middle.

Place middle fabric over the pinch and stitch with a needle. Measure the elastic so you can fit it over your kids head. It will be smaller than the head since it will stretch.

Viola! Christmas bow ties!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Adorable little ties. Love the silky/shiny fabric!