About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Joseph of Nazareth - Day 120

So if you remember a while ago I did a post on having a Christ centered Christmas. It was on Mary the mother of Jesus. This post is of Joseph her husband. The book talked about service and how Joseph looked so hard to find a place for Mary to have her baby. They don't give us a big description of how hard he tried, but if your wife was in labor, you would probably try really hard. So we are supposed to look for ways we can do service. I chose to have our family make homeless packs. I always feel so bad when I see a homeless person on the side of the road, but especially during Christmas time. I thought of all the things I would want if I had nothing and put them into a zip lock bag. We made two kits and house them in the car for when we come upon someone who needs one! I bought all the items at the dollar store. I spent $20 and wish I could have spent more. Daniel was so excited he wanted to do more and next year he wants to make a ton! Maybe we can inspire you all to make your own and share a little Christmas service!

Here is the list:
  • razors
  • altoids
  • trail mix
  • heavy socks
  • bandana
  • deoderant
  • baby wipes
  • chap stick
  • tooth brushes


2 comments:

Michelle C said...

That is such a great idea!! You're so kind to do this. Have you delivered any yet? I have found that the times that someone has a sign that says they're hungry and we go buy them some food and bring it back, they have NEVER seemed grateful or really even said thank you. They just take it and toss it to the side and continue standing there. It's been kind of discouraging.

Jeanie Barney Hills said...

Love you Brittany! This is wonderful project!!!!