About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Elf on shelf - Day 111

I have found the coolest tradition for Christmas. I am sure it is so popular and you all have this already, but this is new for me. Elf on shelf! It is a cool little story about an elf who comes to your house every December to make sure your kids are good. He also gets into mischief. The kids wake up every morning and go and find the elf and see what he is doing or has done. You also get to name the elf and it comes with the book. I had started something like this years ago, but planned on using an invisible elf. I made him a passport and everything, so I am just using it for this elf! We chose a boy elf that looked like my boys with blue eyes. I have a whole page of ideas on pinterest. We named our elf Harvey Peppermint. I love the way Ben says Harvey. "Haaauuvy". I am going to have so much fun with this idea! I got mine at Target and I got  $5 gift card. You get the same bonus if you order it online. It is the same price as amazon.com with no gift card. I thought about making my own, but I couldn't come up with something I liked more than this doll. It was a little pricey. Maybe the day after Christmas would be a good idea!

2 comments:

Jeanie Barney Hills said...

So fun!

Michelle C said...

We watched the little show last Friday I believe on TV, did you guys get to see it? It was pretty cute. So are you going to not let the boys touch it? I thought that part was kind of sad.