About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 4, 2011

RIce bags - Day 25

I love my rice bags. My first one was made with corn and I used it all through high school. I was always cold and it saved my life living in frigid South Dakota. I started making rice bags a few years ago, because I didn't know what kind of corn was used and rice was easy. I use cotton fabric on one side, patterned, and flannel on the other side, solid. I have so many shapes and sizes. I used it when Ben was a baby to help with the colic. It let me sleep the few hours I got instead of holding a baby all night long. Again saved my live! Now I use it for my aches and pains. It can also be put into the freezer and chilled for an ice pack. I don't know what I would do without my rice bag!

1 comment:

Kori said...

We made corn bags from corn at the feed store at a RS activity a few months back. I love mine and use them for aches and pains.