About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 16, 2011

I.D. Bracelet - Day 36

Last Spring the boys and I flew to my Dad's house in Arizona. I was by myself and I knew it would be stressful. I didn't want to loose Ben, but in the off chance I did I wanted to make him a bracelet with info on it so I could be located. They are kind of expensive online so I found some scrap fabric and went to work. I cut a rectangle out of a light fabric and wrote his name and my phone number on it. Then I sewed it to a larger rectangle that would go around the width of his wrist. Then I sewed the same size rectangle to the largest one and turned it right side out. I fastened snap buttons and was good to go! I practiced with Ben. I would say "Where is your mommy?" and he was supposed to point to his wrist. The information was on the inside so no one could see it until it was removed from his wrist. He loved it, and we use it for when we go into crowded places just in case. 





2 comments:

Kori said...

That's a great idea! We've "lost" our boys in public places before and it's scary.

Candie said...

Still... I'm going to make one of these (maybe before the baby is born). I just had the thought to use some printable fabric or iron on transfer stuff so you could have a more legible & permanent text. Wonder if I have any laying around...