About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Light blulb - Day 24

My favorite line in the movie Despicable me is when Gru says "Light bulb". It Cracks me up! Today we are talking about changing your light bulbs out for more efficient ones.


Wikipedia:
"Compared to general-service incandescent lamps giving the same amount of visible light, CFLs use less power (typically one fifth) and have a longer rated life (six to ten times average). In most countries, a CFL has a higher purchase price than an incandescent lamp, but can save over five times its purchase price in electricity costs over the lamp's lifetime."


So today I bought a pack of CFL light bulbs and have switched them with the less efficient ones. It says on the packaging that one bulb saves $30 in energy. So if you add that to how many light bulbs you own, that is a whole lot of money! Plus the packaging is recyclable!




No comments: