About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cricut - Day 38





 The cost of a cricut is a little expensive. I paid for mine with birthday and Christmas money. I paid about $30 of my money for my cricut. A steal!

The cost of a card from the store is unbelievable! I have a hard time spending $4 on paper, when I can do just as good or better. It does cost a little for paper, but not $4. I probably use 3 different kinds of paper in one card. They are .60 each, but I don't use all of it. I try and use scraps from previous projects. So I would say I use .60 worth of paper. I have a cricut so it extends my savings. I don't have to buy any cut outs, or letters, anything I need to decorate the card. So I not only save money on extra decor for the card, I save time, energy, and packaging it comes in.

The cricut also saves me money on wall vinyls. At Hobby Lobby vinyle costs $7 for a huge tube of it. More than in the regulation cricut brand vinyl. I save scraps in this too for odd projects. So I can make four large size wall vinyls for  $1.75 verses $25.

I make so many things using the cricut that it has definitely paid for it's self. I use it for gifts too. It saves me so much money it is almost unbelievable! If you make a lot of things, or want to, I would recommend saving up and buying your own! I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: