About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Mopping a lot cleaner - Day 23

I hate using nasty floor mops. They look disgusting and I never feel like they are clean enough. I like the idea of a swiffer mop, but they are just expensive. When I moved into my home the previouse owner left a mop/broom thing. It was a smaller version the janitor used at my school to clean the gym. It was a flat rectangle with a towel cover wrapped around the bottom.  I like using this because you can take to cover off and wash it. I have a few covers so I can switch them out multiple times during one cleaning day. I also have wood floors so I use it on that too. 
You can't really submerge it into a bucket of liquid, so I decided to start using vinegar as my solution. Use equal amounts of vinegar and water. Add 15 to 20 drops of essential oil per 16 ounces of mixture, if desired. Measure ingredients into an old dish soap container and shake to blend. Squirt the needed amount on the floor and wipe. Super easy huh?! Mopping just got a whole lot cleaner! 

Notice the pug thinking "What ARE you doing?"


1 comment:

Brooke Monsen said...

You are so talented and beautiful. Miss you so much doll!