About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pallets - Day 28

So pallets are the scum of the working world, but they are treasure to me! They are kind of hard to break down, but if you have help it can go quickly. I love the shabby chic look thrown into a modern scheme. I have built shelves for my boys room to hold books and decor. I hate that if bookshelves are too low to the ground they can get into it and tear all the books down every five seconds. This way they are up and out of their direct sight. Ben can only reach the first shelve, so I put chubby board books there and the tear able ones of the higher shelves.

 I cut the pallet ends off and set them upright on the wall. I took other boards and placed them on the bottom so the books don't fall through. A few nails to hold them in place and screws to  mount to the wall and this was an easy project!

No comments: