About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Freezer paper wonder - Day 35


I just found freezer paper in the kitchen isle! I have heard and seen projects using freezer paper, but I was so confused at to what it was or where to find it. I thought I looked really good down the isle with kitchen baggies, but yesterday I finally called my mom and asked her right there what it was. I totally found it! It is the white paper they wrap your meat in at the butchers. It is on a huge roll like tin foil. When you pull it out, one side is shiny and one is dull. Make sure the shiny side is always down. I used my cricut to cut out my shapes. I needed to make a birthday banner for the boys birthdays and this was a solution I have been mulling over for a long time.


So first step is to place freezer paper, shiny side down on the cricut mat. Cut to fit. I use Sir Cuts A lot to design my shape or words in this case and load my mat into the cricut. Let the machine cut it out. The most important step is next. You don't want the actual shape that was just cut out, you WANT the stencil around it. If it comes with shapes inside, don't forget those either.

Next you will place the stencil, shiny side down, on the fabric of your choice. Take a very hot iron and iron the freezer paper onto the fabric until the stencil sticks with no bubbles.

* tip - use cardboard or heavy paper under fabric so the paint won't leak through

* tip - Use scrap paper to shield any extra fabric that is not covered by the stencil or you will get paint on it.

Last step is to spray the stencil with fabric paint. Do not spray slow, it will dribble. Spray fast! Leave it still for four hours until the paint dries, then peel off the stencil. Follow the directions on the paint bottle for the car of the fabric. 


No comments: