About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful jar - Day 84

So I have this craft I am doing for Young womens this month and I thought I would share. You take a jar (reuse) and take the label off and clean it. If it stinks put a little vinegar in it and let it sit and the smell will come out. Then wrap the jar in your favorite scrapbook paper where the old label used to be. I used glue dots to affix it to the jar.  Then take a complimentary color paper and cut it into a rectangle for a label. It will not go all the way around. Then I used my cricut to cut out the words Thankful jar and glued them to the strip. You could just write the words or print them on your pretty paper if you don't have a cricut. Punch one hole at each end of the label and run twine through. Run the twin behind the label and tie on one side. I found these adorable turkeys pre-made out of felt at Michaels and bought the bag of seven for YW. They have a glue back so I just stuck them to the other side of the label opposite of the knot. Now your jar is ready for daily strips with things you are thankful for. The tradition is to open the jar and read them all during Thanksgiving dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the idea. I will probably use it for activity day girls. Love, Mom

Michelle C said...

I have always loved our thankful jar. I still miss my "thankful box" i made out in Idaho, but pretty much nothing made it back with us, so last year I finally replaced it with our jar! Yours is super cute.