About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ottoman redu - Day 83

 When I was pregnant with Tayrien I wanted to buy a ottoman so it would make breastfeeding easier.I used it to prop my feet up on while feeding. I found this great little cube at a thrift store for $10! It was the perfect green shade for my living room. I have used it every day since then. The sad part is that so has Ben. Ben is a messy kid and the Ottoman now looks like this:

So I decided to recover it. I wanted to make it really girly with ruffles and such. So first I laid the fabric on top and cut a square that was 5/8 in wider allt he way around (you can lay the fabric down an then the stool on top of it to measure).
 I wanted a drop waist effect so I added a piece at the top. I didn't measure by in. I just laid it up there and quessed where it looked good. Make sure to add your seam allowance of 5/8 in.

So I sewed the top and side pieces together. Make sure you don't sew the first 5/8 or last 5/8.

Next you need to join two side pieces . Line them up and let the top piece fold diagonally. Sew along the seam.
 Then I took the next fabric and measured all the way around the stool in height and length. It was one big rectangle. Then I sewed the ends to make on big loop.


Then I sewed the tan loop to the pattern piece.
 I decided to leave it without any ruffles because it is in the office which is technically my husbands space, so I realized it should be less girly.  I am happy with it and love the two tone!


1 comment:

Kori said...

Just curious, do you use it to prop your feet up on when you are nursing?