About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas wreath - Day 96

I bought a Christmas wreath last year that was just pine branches. I decorated it with fake flowers and berries. This year it didn't look as cute to me, so I decorated it differently this year. I found this amazing chip board collection in the scrapbook section of Wal-Mart for .97! It had a Santa, snowman, the word Happy Holidays in flags, mittens, snowflakes and some word strips.

I made some rosettes out of scrap fabric and hot glue. I will do a tutorial for tomorrow on how to make rosettes.

Then I glues felt to the back and cut around the edges so you couldn't see it from the front. Then you glue the rosette edges together so they have more stability. 

I glued string in three places on the back of the felt so I could tie it to my wreath (in case I want to change it next year).
Then I glued the Santa, snowman, snowflakes, and the saying "Jingle all the way" on the front of the rosettes.Then I tied it to the wreath.

 Next I glued one long string on the back of  the "Happy" letters, and another on the back of the "Holidays" letters. I tied them to the wreath. I placed the mittens and another word strip over where I tied them .I didn't glue them to the wreath, so they will eventually fall off and I will tape them on.
 
 
Here is the final project


Here it is on my door!




1 comment:

Jeanie Barney Hills said...

This turned out really cute!