About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Dear Santa - Day 102

 When I was little it was all about Santa. My parents gave a few gifts, but the main event was Santa. I thought I was so clever when I found out he wasn't real. My brothers didn't know and I felt so special that I was in on it! I also felt so loved by my parents that they gave all the credit to Santa and let me believe in something so magical! I remember not being able to sleep on Christmas eve. The excitement was to great!! I wanted my children to have just as much magic in their lives. So in our little family Santa is included, but not as big a part as in my childhood. The main event is the Wisemen. They each get one gift from each of the Wisemen. I feel like it keeps the focus on Christ. Ok, back to the point....So Santa gets the stockings. We still write to him, because our stockings are kind of big and lots of gifts can fit in them.

For about three years now we have written letters to Santa. I write a reply to them in a sealed envelope and address it to my children. You have place a stamp on both the inside and outside letters. Then I place that envelope in a larger envelope and send it to this address:

Santa Claus
North Pole, AK
5400 Mail Trail
Fairbanks, AK 99709-9999

The post office will open the bigger envelope and stamp the letter to your child like it is from the North Pole. Then send it back as if Santa wrote them, because it really came from the North Pole!


Here are the papers I am using this year for the kids to write their letters on. I found it at Michaels for $1 each. I am a sucker for cool envelopes an it was all matching and i couldn't help myself. I could have totally made it myself, but it would have been about the same price to print it at Staples in color.


No comments: