About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Washing schedule - Day 16

I wanted to talk about washing and drying clothes today. I already make and use my own laundry detergent- which I LOVE! I have a schedule that I use where everyday of the week I do a different load of laundry. Here it is:

Monday- Whites
Tuesday- Boys clothes
Wednesday- Sheets and towels
Thursday- Brittany
Friday- Daniel

I do it this way so I don't have to be overwhelmed by a mountain of laundry on one or two days. I thought that I wouldn't have enough clothes to fill it up, because I re-wear pants and shirts if they don't get dirty. Most days I have plenty because the boys get messy, or I spill on myself or the kids spill on me, or the dogs leave a mess where I use towels, etc. If there is a small load, I go around the house to the different hampers to see if they have extra. If there isn't enough to have a load, I wait another week. So some weeks I am only doing two loads a week! That is really awesome! What do you guys do to conserve washing clothes?


1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That's neat you've been able to stick to a schedule. Lately anymore I just wash when I realize there's a lot and I just throw everything in together. Maybe not the best strategy, but hey, they get clean. (: