About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Deodorizer - Day 3


I love vinegar. There are so many wonderful uses and toady I am telling you about my favorite: Deodorizer. I use a commercial grade spray bottle and there are marks on the side for measuring. I fill 1/3 with distilled white vinegar and the rest with water.

Examples:
  • Urine- Every once in a while Ben pees his bed during nap time and spraying this on the spot clears up the smell.
  • Dogs- my dogs are stinky and I am used to the smell, but others are not so I try and spray my furniture with it. Don't know if it helps with the house smell of dogs, but at least it takes it out of the couch.
  • Washer- Sometimes my washer gives off a foul smell and transfers it to the clothes. I just throw some in and the smell goes away. (side note: it can also be used as a fabric softener)
  • It also gets rid of that nasty smell from garbage cans
There are many other uses that I will share so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Michelle C said...

Awesome. Mom was using it too. I'll have to give it a try. Cleaning chemicals are expensive!!

Michelle C said...

I think I'm still going to have to buy my clorox wipes though - when I deal with raw meat and such I really want to be able to disinfect really well. Now that I"m thinking about it though I have diluted clorox water in a spray bottle that I made, but then I would want to use a paper towel to wipe it up instead of a towel. Raw meat just makes me nervous. What do you think?