About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2011

Recycled Birthday cards - Day 5

(I can't get it to post other than sideways)

I have a certain love of watercolors. I took a class in college and found it inspiring. I wanted to introduce Ben to real water color because it is a good for children and beginners. we made a few Birthday cards. I have this book in which I keep to use just for crafting. I like the printing on the paper. It recycles! So I brought some paper out and taught Ben how to use them. The tecnique in watercolor is to paint the paper with just water where you want a specific color. Then you barely touch the water with color and it runs wild. It is a really cool effect. Ben was a little too rough and used the paint brush like usually does- with force, but it still worked. We also added kosher salt to the paint and it makes a fun texture in the paint. We did a few different colors and let it dry over night. The next day I used my cricut machine to cut out a butterfly and a guitar. I sewed these shapes onto plain white paper. TaDa! They were beautiful! I loved them and will use this a lot from now on. I love the color on an aged paper!




1 comment:

Michelle C said...

they were beautiful cards. I loved them!!