About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Horse painting - Day 10


I recently posted about this as well, but everyone who sees it in person loves it, so I thought I would share it again. I took an old pallet and pulled all the boards off. I realigned them into a square and nailed them together with two cross beams. Kind of like what a wood table looks like. Then I borrowed a macine that projects what ever you put under it on a wall. So I found a picture of a horse that I like and printed it off. I then projected it on the pallet "canvas" and traced around the shape. I wanted to leave the horse the color of the wood, so I painted white all around the horse. It is a really cool affect. When Ben saw it in the morning he said, "Mommy painted this for me!" It hangs above his bed and he loves it! It was relatively easy to make and totally free.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

I have always loved this painting!!