About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Quiet jar - Day 19


I found this cute idea for time out. This mom didn't want to promote time out, so what she did instead is when they do something wrong they have to hold a glitter jar. The jar is shaken and they child can get up and continue after all the glitter has settled. She wants the child to meditate during this time. I am using it as a timer. Ben loves it. He even asked to go into time out today.

I used an old peanut butter jar so it wouldn't break. The glitter can't be a heavy glitter and the only one I had like that was white. So I put one drop of blue food coloring in the water so you can see the glitter better. I also hot glued the top so it wouldn't leak.l It is awesome!

2 comments:

Johnston Journal said...

That's a great idea for a timer. I'm not so sure about the meditation thing - I want my child to know he is in time out - but I like the idea of using it as a timer! Did you clue the top or anything to make sure it didn't leak out or open?

Michelle C said...

That's interesting. It seems like a reward to be in time out?? Do you think it will deterrer him from bad behavior using it? I guess it's a time when they can have "quiet time" and settled down from doing the bad thing?? I always try to make time outs awful, lol.