About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rain water for garden - Day 14


I water my garden every morning and our yard is the greenest on the block. I have always wanted to collect my rainwater but the fancy barrels are pricey. Until I can get one, I have improvised by using a plastic storage container. I had to use a small one to fit under my gutter until I can get what I want. I want one with a spout on the bottom so you can hook up a hose and water anything you want. It has rained a few days this past week and I was able to use the collected rainwater twice. I submerge my watering can to collect the water and put it on my plants. The water looks gross, but I think it is just the tub or going through the gutter. The plants sure love it and so do I!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That is great you were able to rig it and use the rain water!!! I bet that saves a lot of money. I'm trying to figure out how you took this picture - are you on the roof?