About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fabric napkins - Day 15


My minor in college was sewing. One of the classes I took was home decor. For a project I made napkins. I made a lot of them. I used four colors and three patterns in each color. I made the patterns a wide variety and the edges finished differently so that if I ever had to add to my stash that I didn't have to worry about them matching. It is more of an eclectic look. I use them every day and the kids love them too. It is also nice for parties.

Along with this, I don't use any paper towels. I have white hand towels for my every day kitchen use and bathroom cleaning. I have two towels, one blue ONLY used for window and mirror washing, and Yellow for dusting wood surfaces. They are those fancy ones you find in the cleaning isle that are heavier duty. This eliminates the use of paper towels. I want to make some fabric "paper" towels in the future.

2 comments:

Michelle C said...

I LOVE these. I have been wanting to make some for a while now but just haven't done it. We don't buy napkins either except I did a few months ago when I got some for super cheap. I really need to do cloth now since we're going to run out.

ALYN said...

I have cloth napkins. I need to make some more. What type of cloth is best? Are they 2 sides? I'm not a very good seamstress...