About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vinegar the disinfectant - Day 11




"Straight vinegar is an excellent disinfectant. I often use it to wipe down my counter tops after cooking and also on door knobs and faucets after an illness has swept through the house. Boost the disinfecting power by adding a 5 or 6 drops of tea tree oil to a 16- ounce spray bottle full of white vinegar. Use as you would any disinfecting spray. If you are worried about the house smelling like vinegar, let me assure you that it does not linger like other chemicals".

I started using it on my big skillet. It was hard to wash it and not get the plug wet. This is a perfect solution. I also use it on my counters so when I lay food on it, it doesn't get any nasty chemical residue. This last trip to the grocery store I did not buy any cleaning chemicals and I saved $100 by just switching to vinegar and making my own laundry detergent. That is awesome because my budget it $200, so I just doubled my food budget or added to a different category!


Happy cleaning everyone and go buy vinegar in bulk!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

I've always heard vinegar was a disinfectant, but I still feel a little unsure about it. What about for raw meat and disinfecting the counter? I worry it wouldn't really do the job. Guess I'll just have to read more about it to be convinced. I'm going to buy a big thing of Vinegar from Sams tonight though.