About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

From teeth to wrist- Day 4


I found this cool idea to take a toothbrush and make it into a bracelet for your little. I found a cheep brush from the dollar store we had just sitting in a cupboard. Reusing someones old used toothbrush didn't sound appealing, but I guess you could always sanitize it really well if you wanted to. First I used pliers to pull out all the bristles. It was really easy Then I boiled water on the stove. I dropped the toothbrush into the water and let it boil for a good three minutes. I used two pairs of metal prongs and in the water I curved the brush into a circle. When I got the shape I wanted I pulled it out and stuck it into cold water to solidify the plastic. I did take it out to try and get the best shape, but found that when I did it in the water it cooperated easier. That is it! Ben LOVES his bracelet and it was free. He loved "helping" me make it too!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

that is a super neat idea. I think it would be fine to use an old one instead of throwing it away. Boiling it would sanitize it.