About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Ruffle cufs - Day 210

Pinterest find!

When I saw them I just knew I had to make them. My girlfriends and I have this party every once and a while called "My favorite things" after Opera. I had been scouring pinterest looking for an idea and when I saw the ruffle cuff a light went off. So, I am made {12} yes, I am crazy, cuffs. It actually went down really fast. I did all the top ruffles at the same time and I ruffled the bottom layer as I attached the top ruffles.

Bottom ruffle. I would just fold the fabric up every little bit as I am sewing. If you look close you can see two rows of stitching.

 Then you add the already ruffled top piece with one line of stitching.

Finished product

I used circle velcro fo fasten the cuff to my arm. Make sure you sew one on the printed side and one to the underside. 

 

This one I didn't ruffle the bottom one.
 Love how they look!!!

OH and due to the tornado appearance last week and my lack of power to announce the winner of the wee mouse contest, the winner is.......
Gizmo! 
Michelle, I will give it to you the next time I see you!


1 comment:

Michelle C said...

What really?? Lol. I feel bad taking your gift card. (:

So I'm not familiar with ruffle cuffs, is it worn just like a bracelet/accessory?? They're pretty cute!!