About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rosettes - Day 209

I was thinking today as I was making rosettes that I don't think I have ever done a tutorial of making them. SOooo, here it goes... You start with a long strip of fabric. The thicker the fluffier the rosette, the thinner the smaller.

Knot the end and put a little drop of glue on it. Fold the glued end and pinch. 
 Twist the tail a few times and add a dollop of glue to the knot and affix the twisted tail to the knot.






 Then you keep twisting and gluing. I add glue to like a compass: North, East, South, West.

 When the flower gets bigger you need to add more glue spots. Go until all the fabric is gone. You can add more fabric if it isn't as big as you want.


2 comments:

Michelle C said...

Love rosettes! Thanks for the tutorial. I like how you tie the knot. I haven't seen that before and it seems like it would make the start easier.

Kori said...

How long was your piece of fabric? How wide? You make it look so easy, I want to try this.