About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Hair tie storage recycle - Day 260

 I have no place for my hair ties and headbands. I saw this adorable solution of taking an oatmeal canister and covering it and throwing everything inside. Genius!!!

Pick three kinds of paper.

Cute one 2/3 the height of the tube.
 Cut the other one 1/3 the length (or just what is from the other paper up).

I ripped book paper into tiny little rectangles and laid them over the seam. You could also use ribbon or more paper. Modge podge it all on and let dry.
 I used some old pattern tissue paper and made a little rosette with hot glue for the top. I added some bling too! Super cute, Super easy, Super fantastic! You could use this for so many other things!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That's so fun. I have used the oatmeal containers to store Breanna's elastic headbands - but on the outside. I haven't made them cute or anything, but the diameter is perfect for them.