About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bread Recipe- Day 248

When I was looking for homemade pizza recipe I cam upon this awesome artisan bread recipe. It is made by a baker in New York City. He says it is so easy a 6 year old could do it.

So I put it to the test. I had my boys help me and it really is that easy! There are four ingredients. 
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/4 tsp salt
Mix together  and then add: 
1 1/2 c water

Mix together to form a ball. Cover and leave it for 12 hours.

That is the beauty of this bread. It's no-knead. It lets time form the gluten and make the bread fantastic. It is the best homemade bread I have ever made. 
OK, so back to the dough. After 12 hours dump in out on a floured counter and pull the sides into the center to make the shape you want. Add any seeds or grains you want to the top. 

Heat a Pyrex container with lid in a 500 degree oven. Place seam side up in the dish and put into dish. Cover and place into oven. Cook for 30 minutes. Take the cover off and bake for 20 more minutes. Turn out onto counter and let rest for 15 minutes. You can hear crackling! 
EAT it!



Here is a link to the video for the whole process.

No comments: