About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Ruffle duster shirt - Day 356

 For this mash-up I used a white t-shirt and a pillowcase. I decided to make a ruffle bottom instead of an empire waist number. So I used some left over fabric from the third project for the bigger ruffle. I cut the bigger ruffle 6 in. wide x 80 in long. The smaller ruffle is 3in x 80 in. Hem the bottom of the ruffles. Line up the tops of the ruffles and run a stitch so that you can ruffle the ruffle.


Once you have them ruffled, line them up with the bottom of the shirt and sew. 


I then took lace and top stitched it on the seam.


There was a little strip of lace on the pillowcase that I used to line the neckline.  
I knotted it on the side.



Super cute right?!I think it will be even cuter with a bigger belly!

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That's so unique and fun. You look so cute and can totally pull it off since you have a small bum, I would have looked horrid in something like that. lol.