About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ruffle dress - Day 357

 This was a really hard dress. I think it was so hard for me because I had made another dress already that morning. I cut the shirt just like the Maxi dress. Then I cut four different ruffles. The are all 80 in long. The first width is 6 in. You extend each layer by two inches. So in order it goes 6 in, 8 in, 10 in, 12 in. The first ruffle you will attach is the bottom one. I cut a rectangle 80 x how ever long I wanted it. Then I sewed the bottom ruffle to it. Then I added the top ruffle. Then I would tuck the next layer a little under the top layer and sew. Same with the third ruffle. This way the seams are hidden. Sew the ruffles to the shirt. I also cut a few inches of the bottom of the shirt that was left over and slid it over the seam of the ruffles and the shirt. I like the bunched up look. I wore it to Young Women's last night and they girls loved it and thought I bought it.


1 comment:

Michelle C said...

Great job. It's so fun you're creating your own things.