About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Pill box hat headband - Day 267

 I saw this adorable hat on Pinterest and knew I had to make it for my boutique! It was super simple if you know the basics of crochet.

Start with the magic circle. Look it up on Youtube. It will change your crochet life.
You will end up with 12 hdc in the magic circle.

round 1: 2 hdc in each space (24)
round 2: 1 hdc, 2hdc, repeat all the way around
round 3: 1 hdc, 1 hdc, 2 hdc, repeat all the way around
round 4: 1 hdc, 1hdc, 1hdc, 2hdc, all the way around
round 5: slip stitch in the outside stitch all the way around
Rounds 6-9: 1 hdc in each stitch space. Bind off after row 9

Repeat steps 1-4 and bind off. join to the bottom of the other half of the hat via slip stitch. Make sure you stuff the hat before you completely connect the bottom. Add flower, feather, netting, jewels, etc. Hot glue to a headband and your done! Super cute! I also made a smaller hat, by just decreasing the number of rounds. I think I stopped at row 2 or three for the small black one.






No comments: