About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Victory rolls - Day 193

This hairstyle came about right after WWII as you can probably tell due to the name. They are super popular right now.This past week I had an epiphany. I realized that the clothes styles now days are horrid and they make everyone look like a shlub. Where has our femininity and pride gone? It's not about dressing girly and putting beautiful things on our bodies, but about crawling out of bed and doing the least amount of work. I am guilty, but I am changing my ways. I am making my style less about comfort and ease and more about feminine and effort.  I want to only put on beautiful things and feel great about how I look. So I am sure there will be more tutorials of making clothes and hair. Here is a picture of my first attempt at 1940's hair. I got some compliments and some "What the heck!" looks at church yesterday, but the important thing is I felt pretty! If you want to do them too, just youtube Victory Rolls and picj anyone you like. Ihad to do a side part due to my scar being in my middle part.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

That looks super tricky to do!!