About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Faith is like a little seed - Day 183

 I hold a calling at church where I am in a presidency over teenage girls. When I was their age I graduated from the program called Personal progress. It is a program that encourages personal growth and development. Lets face it, being a teen is hard, so this helps the girls develop into responsible adults. So there are categories called Values and the first one is Faith.

I am supposed to do a project centered around faith and the first thing that popped into my head is a little song "Faith is like a little seed" and of course I am an artist so I wanted to make this really non traditional quilt. I found some funky bright fabric and buttons that matched and started making a flower quilt.
  I made the center of the flower HUGE and quilted it in a spiral. This was super hard to control, but I like the randomness of it.

   Then I added rectangle petals - I loved that they were square and mimic a city scape.Then I topped it off with buttons of different sizes.

  I quilted t he rest of the blanket using yarn.

 Eventually the petals will fray  and I think it will evolve into something great.


 Here is the final project.

1 comment:

Michelle C said...

WOW!! What a project. That is beautiful. Looks like a lot of work! So I'm confused, is this to be given to one of the YW or just on display for one of the programs?