About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

getting ready for baby!

So I realized the other day that the first Holiday my baby will be able to take part in will be Halloween. I then thought that I probably won't have the energy to make a costume for my little one the following weeks after giving birth. So I decided to make it now so that I am totally ready! I looked online at costumes for ideas and found a few that were adorable! Daniel and I decided on a turtle. We chose this because the baby will probably be on his stomach or I will be holding him the whole time, so the puffy shell would fit perfectly and be the main focal point! So I had so much fun this week and here is the finished project. It is a normal sleeper I made and then I also made a tube with a shell on top. So he can wear the sleeper for longer than just one night, but that he has a cute costume! I think it is my way of nesting before the baby comes. I look forward to more holidays and costumes!

5 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Aw, that is the cutest Halloween costume outfit! Now what are you and Daniel going to be??

Michelle C said...

So adorable Brittany. You did such a good job and are so creative!! Benjamin will look so cute in it!

Johnston Journal said...

So cute! Your mom said you could get some great sissors? I would LOVE a pair. Let me know how much and I can paypal it to you or send a check. Love ya~!

Erin said...

Hey Brittany,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I wanted to see yours but I didn't know how to find it. Now I do. You are so cute and so is the costume. I'm trying to get as much done before the baby comes too. It's fun that we're both expecting at the same time since we were born only a few weeks apart ourselves. Congratulations and keep checking the blog. It's fun we both have the widgets for counting down the baby.

Ed and Kathy said...

Britt, that costume is sooo cute, you are very talented!!! This will save you a lot of money in the future. I can't wait to see Benjamin in it, or as your dad calls him "Elvis"--The King-Benjamin...oh boy..hehe, Miss and love you guys!