About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Baby Shower

Today was my baby shower! Daniel's sister Michelle was the one who threw it for me and she did such a wonderful job! The theme was baby bird so there were nests with jordan almonds in them for the eggs and we painted bird houses to go with the color scheme. She made cupcakes with baby birds on top and they were soooooo adorable! They even had birds singing in the background for effect! The food was so good. I loved every part of it! We even both wore outfits that color coordinated! She made this really cute diaper cake and it had leaves and a nest on top. My friend Kami who went to Europe with me came and our friend Ally who just had a baby girl six weeks ago came. We played some really fun games. We saw a tray of baby supplies for fifteen seconds and then we had to remember what was on the tray. Ally one that game. The next game was a scrambled up baby words game. It was super hard, but Ally one that one too! I guess it is so fresh in her mind. The last game we played was a baby food guessing game. The labels were taken off and we had to smell and guess what food it was. I was awful. I thought bananas was really turkey! I guess my sniffer was taking the day off. I laughed so hard during the games. The prizes were these cute little tins filled with bath confetti! I go such cute things from the girls. Kami got me an accessories kit for my breast pump which was on my registry. Ally got me tons of newborn diapers, wipes, shampoo, lotion, baby powder, a few really cute outfits with bugs and dinosaurs on them and a rub off sticker that says "sweet little one". Michelle and David got us two cute outfits, a little hat, a pair of tennis shoes, a beenie, and socks. I had so much fun! I am so thankful she took so much time and effort to make the cutest shower ever!


4 comments:

Michelle C said...

Oh I'm so glad you had fun Brittany!! I had a lot of fun too!

Erin said...

Your shower looks so cute Brittany! I wish I could have been there. How did she make those adorable cupcakes?! It's so fun to get baby stuff!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

That is so awesome that they had that cute baby shower for you. You are getting so big, it is so amazing seeing the transformation, too cute. Looks like lots of fun.

Ed and Kathy said...

Wow Britt your baby shower looks like it was lots of fun and tasty!! Michelle did a great job-everything looks so cute ; ) I wish we didn't live so far away from each other, I would have loved to been there.