About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New York!!

Daniel applied for an internship last October, while I was in Europe, at the United Nations. When we found out we were pregnant we kind of moved on from it and didn't think about it. It is such a hard internship to get into. He is competing with the whole world and only one is chosen. We think only one American is chosen and you have to be in graduate school. Daniel has not finished his bachelors. So one day we get this e-mail offering him the internship! It is such a blessing that he was able to get it that we had to take it. So our baby will probably be born in a taxi cab in the middle of traffic! No just kidding, but we are both planning on going, even though it is unpaid. I am hoping my mom will be there for the birth! I am excited for the festive holidays which will occur while we are there. My dad and Kathy are coming for Thanksgiving and we will attend the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. It has been tradition to eat lucky charms and watch the parade every year for us both, so we are excited. There is so much to do there! I am most excited for the button shopping!!!! They have stores dedicated solely to buttons. This is such a great opportunity for our little family. We don't think we will be taking our puppies with us. It will be easier to find housing that way. sniff!sniff!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

That is amazing! I am so jealous! Adam and I spent last spring in NYC for internships and LOVED it!!! You will have a blast! It's expensive, but so fun!!!!

Michelle C said...

I hope your mom makes it too!! I'm sure there are multiple hospitals, aren't there? So hopefully you don't have a taxi baby. I don't want you guys to leave us, but I'm excited for the adventures that lie ahead of you. We will be back in MO next April, that will be so fun for us all to hang out together and for the babies to play!!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

So exciting! how fortunate that Daniel got into that internship, it will be a great experience for you both. That is so sad that you aren't taking the puppies :( I bet that will be hard for you to leave them.

Rebekah said...

Congratulations! It sounds like it is going to be a really awesome experience. Hope the puppies have a nice place to stay while you are gone!

Matthew said...

I bet that will open up some doors.

Lynette said...

Congrats! Take it from someone who knows, living in New York is AMAZING! You will never have an experience like it, take every second in and appreciate the little moments. Oh, I love New York.

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Hi Brittany, It's your cousin Brooke here...I know probably like 10 years since we've seen each other, huh? I just found your blog...Alyns, to your parents to yours! Congrats on the baby. AND,congrats on going to NYC. We lived in New Jersey for 5 years and we LLLOOOVVEE New York City. I'd live there in a second. Not forever, but for a year or two for sure. Have fun!