About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Baby Drama!!

So the drama has already started! Yesterday I was sitting on my couch watching a great episode of a baby story when I realized that there was a lot of pressure on my uterus. I have had the feeling before, but thought it was just gas. This time I wanted to check with my mom to see her opinion. I told her my symptoms of sharp pains, cramps and my uterus being hard as a rock; she immediately told me to call my clinic because I was having contractions and possibly going into labor. So I did. They wanted to check me because I have a family history of bed rest. So Daniel jumped out of his chair and literally ran to the car. All the while I am having pains from the hard uterus. We get there and have me do the ritual things I always do at an appointment, but I didn't have to wait as long before the doctor came in. When he came in he told me that contractions are normal between 18-22 weeks, but because I am a tiny person they are MUCH more noticeable. This made me feel a little better. He checked the babies heart and it was good and strong. He also checked to see if I was dilated and I was not. All the while Daniel and I were thinking of ways I could graduate from home if I was put on bed rest. He was so supportive and helpful that I don't think I would have been able to stay calm with out him! So they sent us home and I took it easy the rest of the night. Today I had really bad contractions during class. I couldn't even sit still. I had to stand or walk. I hope this doesn't last much longer! My mom thinks there is still room to worry so I am taking it easy and watching my signs, so hopefully all will turn out well. I am sad to report that my belly button is no longer an innee, or just flat, but has broken it's concave shape and become an outee. I thought that would come later, oh well!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Oh I hope it gets better for you! I haven't had anything like that happen, but standing is fun...not! I can't stand for too long, I have to walk or sit or I feel some pressure down there. Anyway, good luck.

Michelle C said...

Scary stuff!! Keep monitoring you skinny little thing! I loved your shirt today and I just LOVE watching your belly grow. What a little miracle!! I think outies are so cute on a pregnant belly, so embrace the outie!! Love you Brittany. I am so excited for you!! And I hope you don't have to go on bedrest.

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Oh that's a scare! hopefully you don't have to go on bed rest. So you have an outie? that is so crazy, I bet this experience of seeing your body change is so amazing.