About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Crochet

When I went on bed rest My mother in law re-introduced me to the art of crochet. I had dabbled in it a little before, but never got very far. I think I made my puppies a sweater and a shawl, but they were ugly. So I picked it up again. She showed me a few of her favorite stitches and I practiced. I made a little hat and vest for bens stuffed animals and a matching hat for ben. It was all ugly too. Then I thought of UTube and found this amazing lady. I love her videos. She is very good at explaining and I liked her patterns. SO I made a few hats and they looked really good compared to the others I had made.
I took Tayrien to his infant photo shoot and she used a floppy hat. I didn't really like it, so afterwords I asked her if she needed new hats. She was so excited, because she had been looking for someone to crochet things for her. So she sent me a few examples and I went to work. I am loving this project! I am trying to come up with projects to do after this one is done, so if you have ideas, please share!

Crochet video

2 comments:

Candie said...

I'm glad that you are getting the hang of it. I would love to see pictures of your finished product(s)! I've got lots of girly ideas... doesn't help you much, but now you have baby shower ideas. How about a scripture tote?

Michelle C said...

That's so fun. Good for you. I have never really got into that either, maybe I would if I tried again. As far as ideas I can only think of scarves, sweaters, things for baby, stuffed animals, and mom made that nativity set by crocheting it. I don't know if you've seen it but it looks pretty tricky, but fun.