About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Days 17, 18 & 19

I find it hard to blog on the weekends, so They will always be jumbled together with mondays post. I wanted to do a book review today on books I have recently read and enjoyed.




First up is Dan Brown's new book the lost symbol. I have read his other two books, the Davinci code and Angels and Demons and enjoyed those two very much. I love how he ties every day things together to create a hidden story. I think it was the art in The Davinci code that first got me hooked. This one was just as good. There was a part of the book where I gasped out loud, because I was so surprised. I enjoyed learning new facts about our Nations capital as well as the Masons.




Second is "The lightening thief" by Rick Riordan. This is a younger book so it did keep my interest, but I thought they could have had more. I was left feeling a little underwhelmed in places. It was still a great storyline, I am a sucker for Greek mythology. I am now excited for the movie to come out later this month. I think I will read the books that follow this one.




I read this book in about three days. It is really hard to put down. The first chapters are really hard to get through, but when you do it is like a party. I loved the characters and story line. It really made you think about important things. I am a huge Stephanie Meyers fan and this one didn't disappoint. I finished it about thirty seconds before boarding my flight home from Arizona. It was a tight fit, but I couldn't wait to finish it at home. As soon as I finished it I wanted the movie to come out and I wanted to be included in the cast. I was really moved.





This one I am reading right now. It is about Five generations of Jews who start in Poland. I am about a fourth of the way through, but I really have enjoyed it thus far.

1 comment:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Ooo, I love the Host. I just trudged through the beginning. Completely lost. I've thought about reading through it again just to see if I'd understand the beginning. Now we just need to pursuade Stephanie Meyer to write some more darn books! What's the deal!
I love mythology and books for young people. Lightning Thief looked interesting on the movie preview. Maybe I'll look into reading it first.