About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom who finds little snippets of time to craft and create.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Homemade Oxy clean - Day 18


I love oxy clean but it is so darn expensive! I found a recipe for a homemade recipe and it is so simple! I have used it and love it. You are supposed to let it set for 20 min before washing. I store it in an old pickle jar. I spray painted the lid silver and slapped on a cute label. Make sure you shake it up before pouring it in the wash!

Update*** I use 2 Tablespoons in each load

15 comments:

Johnston Journal said...

Does it work as well? I've found Oxy clean takes out stains that other things won't... I add it to every load of laundry.

Michelle C said...

Look at you Britt, you're doing so much stuff. wow!! I love it.

Rachel Horton said...

How much do you use in each load?

Ivory said...

So you can just store this in a container mixed? I was worried about storing the baking soda and peroxide mixed together(fearing it might explode)

carrie said...

You should probably store this in an opaque container. Peroxide loses its potency when exposed to light. That's why they sell it in a brown plastic bottle. Going to try this myself. So far, all the other homemade products I've Tryed on pinterest have worked great.

Anonymous said...

Where is the recipe?

Unknown said...

It's on the picture.

Unknown said...

Peroxide is color safe?

Anonymous said...

Amazing...thank you....if peroxide should be in an opaque container...can this recipe be stored in a recycled oxy clean plastic tub or should it be in glass?

Unknown said...

It will expand, so make sure you use a container with double the amount of room.

Unknown said...

It can be stored in a plastic container.

Anonymous said...

Is peroxide safe for colors ?

Anonymous said...

Yes very safe. Won't discolor. And works great to get blood out of clothes even on darks!

jkimmer said...

How long can it be stored in a jar?

Anonymous said...

How to make it? Recipe, please! Facebook?